I love to make these cheesy baked tomatoes as a snack or to place on top of a salad. They're also a great appetiser and always a crowd pleaser! I'm so happy I discovered this recipe.
Here's what you need:
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh basil
- olive oil
Here's how to make it:
- Preheat your open to 400F
- Slice your tomatoes and place the slices on a parchment lined baking sheet
- Add a layer of parmesan and then a layer of mozzarella to each tomato slice
- Chop your fresh basil and sprinkle it on top of each tomato
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil
- Bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes or until your cheese begins to bubble
- Turn off the oven and broil for 2-3 minutes to brown the cheese
- Serve while hot!
Please tag me in photos if you make this recipe!