Happy Passover everyone! My entire family was able to eat dinner together last night through Zoom video chat, and I can't help but be so incredibly grateful for all I have, even in times of hardship. For Passover Day 2 I am sharing with you guys one of my favorite desserts to make during this time, which is my chocolate matzo!
Here's what you need:
- 4 to 6 unsalted matzos (preferably regular, but egg is fine as well)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter or Passover margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 3/4 cup coarsely semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips
- Sea salt to taste
Here's how to make it:
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Stack 2 jellyroll pans together and line them with foil, then with a sheet of parchment paper.
- Line jellyroll pan with matzos as evenly as possible, cutting them in pieces to fill any gaps.
- Heat butter and brown sugar in heavy-bottomed saucepan and bring to a medium boil for 2-4 minutes. Remove mixture from stove and pour over matzos.
- Put jellyroll pan into oven and bake for about 15 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle the chocolate over the matzos. Let stand for 5 minutes, the smear the chocolate with a spatula to spread. Sprinkle sea salt to taste over chocolate.
- Freeze for about an hour and break up the pieces however you'd like!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! If you're going to share any of your remakes to my recipes with me on Instagram, I want it to be this one! Tag me in photos if you make this for your family during Passover @mrsjillzarin. Connect with me on all my social medias using the links at the top of the page! I am so blessed to be spending this time with my family, and I hope no matter what position you are in right now you are remaining positive and healthy. We will get through this! I love you all and thanks so much for tuning in!