Passover Choco-Nut Mandel Bread
RECIPE & PHOTO COURTESY OF ALL RECIPES
Servings: 24 cookies
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 Hour
This recipe makes a buttery, rich mandel bread studded with chocolate chips and nuts. You can make it even more elegant by dipping each end into melted semisweet chocolate after being baked and cooled.
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease baking sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Mix in the eggs one at a time.
- Sift together the matzo cake meal, salt and potato starch.
- Stir into the batter just until blended.
- Gently mix in the walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Chill the dough briefly so it will be easy to handle.
- Divide the dough into halves and form each half into a 5 inch wide loaf that is about 1 inch thick.
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar over the top.
- Bake for 45 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Cool, then slice into 1 inch slices to serve.