If you’re anything like me, you’re obsessed with potatoes. They have to be the most versatile food in existence! Vegans, vegetarians, and carnivores alike enjoy potatoes in a variety of different ways, and in my opinion, it’s super hard to mess up potatoes. They’re usually delicious no matter what! Because they’re so hard to screw up, it’s super easy to make an insanely delicious recipe. Here’s how to make my famous smashed potatoes:
What you’ll need (4 servings):
- 2 lbs small potatoes, scrubbed
- Kosher salt to taste
- ½ cup olive oil, divided
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp chopped mint
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, minced
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. In a pot, add potatoes and cover with cold water. Season with salt and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook until tender when pierced with a knife, 10-12 minutes. Let cool slightly, then using the bottom of a measuring cup or glass, smash each potato until ¼-inch thick.
- Transfer smashed potatoes to a sheet pan and toss gently with ¼ cup olive oil and salt. Roast, flipping halfway through, until golden brown and crisp for about 35-40 min.
- Transfer potatoes to a bowl and spoon dressing on top, then serve!
This recipe is guaranteed an amazing side dish, or even a main dish for my vegans and vegetarians out there! These are so delicious, healthy, and easy to make, and are definitely one of my go-tos if I need something quick and delicious to make for the family. Hope you all enjoy it! If you recreate this recipe, be sure to send it to me or tag me in it on Instagram @mrsjillzarin! I love seeing you guys make my food! I’ll be back very soon with another blog post, so stay tuned for that. Hope you guys are remaining happy and healthy, and remember, I am here for all of you! Love ya :)