Bobby and I love to travel. We find any tips and info we can get can be very useful. I received this today and thought I would share with you for use in your travels.
10. Cape Town Airport, South Africa
- Elite members of EVA Air‘s frequent-flier program can enjoy the 100,000-mile award that offers a 90-minute training session in one of the airline’s flight simulators
- American Airlines offered a package bid for two to see Justin Timberlake, including event tickets, hotel accommodations and a $600 prepaid MasterCard
- On El Al, would-be grooms choosing to pop the big question can redeem 120 points plus pay $60 for the airline’s in-flight marriage proposal kit.
- Qantas: 35,500 points is good for a private sidecar tour of Beijing, including a gourmet lunch and sparkling wine served along the wall of the Forbidden City.
- Etihad Airways stages raffles that cost 100 miles per ticket, such as an Abu Dhabi Grand Prix package for two.
Some 2015 hotel openings we are excited about
- New York City: The Knickerbocker Hotel; The Baccarat Hotel
- Miami: Element Miami Doral
- Mexico: Las Alcobas, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Mexico City; Frida Kahlo, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Guadalajara
- Paris: La Reserve Paris; Hotel de Crillon, a Rosewood Resort
- Italy: Mandarin Oriental Milan; Sheraton Lake Como
- Turkey: St. Regis Istanbul
- Middle East: St. Regis Dubai; Rosewood Dubai; Langham Dubai; Shangri-La Hotel, Doha; Four Seasons Bahrain Bay
- Africa: Park Hyatt Zanzibar; Radisson Blu Marrakech; Park Hyatt Marrakech; Four Seasons Casablanca; Mandarin Oriental Marrakech
- China: Park Hyatt Sanya Sunny Bay Resort; Sofitel Sanya Leeman Resort ; St. Regis Macao Cotai Strip; Ritz-Carlton Macau; Ritz-Carlton Nanjing; Ritz-Carlton Mission Hills, Hainan Island; Anantara Guiyang, Guizhou
- Japan: Suiran, a Luxury Collection Hotel, Kyoto
- South Korea: Four Seasons Seoul
- Malaysia: St. Regis Kuala Lumpur; Ritz-Carlton Langkawi
- Philippines: Conrad Manilla; Shangri-La, at the Fort, Manila
- Thailand: Hotel Indigo Bangkok; Sheraton Koh Samui
- Indonesia: Mandapa, a Ritz-Carlton Reserve (pictured below)
- India: W Retreat & Spa Goa
More great mobile apps
- Waygo: Simply point and translate with your smartphone, no internet required. Translates food menus and signage. App translates Chinese, Japanese & Korean characters with more languages on the way.
- Canary-Teen Safety: Trusting your teen with a car can be nerve-wracking moment for parents. Canary will notify you if your teen’s iPhone or Android is being used (texting, calling or using social media) while the car is traveling at more than 12 miles per hour. The parents also get an alert whenever the car is breaking a speed limit.
Here’s the top 10. Your Protravel agent can get you to all these destinations.
9. D.O.M., São Paulo, Brazil
8. Narisawa, Tokyo, Japan
7. Dinner by Heston Blumenthal Restaurant, London, UK
6. Mugaritz, San Sebastián, Spain
5. Eleven Madison Park, New York, New York
4. Central Restaurante, Lima, Peru
3. Noma, Copenhagen, Denmark
2. Osteria Francescana, Modena, Italy
1. El Celler de Can Roca, Girona, Spain
Indulge in a luxurious retreat to Midtown Manhattan at The Benjamin Hotel and save up to 20%. Guests’ rest will be optimized with their expertly-curated Rest & Renew Program, sumptuous dining at Iron Chef Geoffrey Zakarian’s The National and salon & spa treatments by Federico Hair & Spa. Book through your Protravel agent by July 31, 2015, for stays through September 7, 2015.