by PhatGuru on Tuesday, March 3rd, 2009
Susan Sarandon’s MaxMara dress? Chloe Sevigny’s refrigerator and Dolce and Gabbana corset? Real Housewife of New York City LuAnn de Lesseps’ Furla purse? Framed art from Scissor Sister Jake Shears and his partner Chris Moukarbel? Senator Charles Schumer’s tie? You never know what amazing finds you’ll stumble upon at Housing Works Thrift Shops, and this year’s Spring Preview events are no exception, down to the amazing celebrity donations that we are auctioning off—all for a good cause: Housing Works services for homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV and AIDS.
Starting Tuesday, March 3, Housing Works Thrift Shops unveil our first wave of spring merchandise at separate “preview” sales at each of our locations..) The Tribeca Spring Preview, which starts at 10am on Saturday, March 7, will double as the store’s grand opening and feature a silent auction of donations from prominent New York celebrities, politicians and designers. Auction bidding takes place on March 7, from 1pm to 4pm at the Tribeca at 72 Warren St.
Check out some of the fantastic Tribeca grand opening celebrity auction items:
- MaxMara silk dress (Susan Sarandon). Clothing and shoes from Dolce and Gabbana, Prada, Dior and more (Chloe Sevigny). Retro silver refrigerator (Chloe Sevigny).
- Signed Lipstick Jungle script (Brooke Shields).
- IISLI dress and Varvatos Converse (Real Housewife Kelly Killoren Bensimon). Skinny Girl gift package (Real Housewife Bethenny Frankel)
- Furla handbag (Real Housewife LuAnn de Lesseps).
- Vintage evening jacket (Real Housewife Alex McCord).
- Christian Dior hand bag (Real Housewife Ramona Singer).
- Sweet Pea top, Tag jeans and more (Real Housewife Jill Zarin).
Plus donations from Tamara Tunie (Law and Order); Jake Shears (Scissor Sisters) and partner Chris Moukarbel; Senator Charles Schumer; Edward Koch; Joyce and David Dinkins; Todd Oldham; Cynthia Rowley; Project Runway’s Kevin Christiana and more!
COST OF ENTRY: The Tribeca grand opening and celebrity auction on March 7 from 1pm to 4pm is free and open to the public. Entry to Spring Previews is $10 at the door; however, entry to all sales is free for Housing Works members.
BENEFITS: All Housing Works Thrift Shops profits go to Housing Works’ lifesaving services for homeless and low-income New Yorkers living with HIV/AIDS, such as housing, meals and medical care. Founded in 1990, Housing Works is New York City’s largest community-based nonprofit AIDS organization.