Quarantine has brought out my inner chef. I absolutely love to cook, and being home all day has given me ample time to make all of my favorite recipes! You all know I love sharing only the most delicious dishes, and this one has to be one of my all time favorites. Wanna know why? It only takes an hour to make!
Here's how to make Rao's famous Pollo al Limone:
Yield: 6 servings
- Two 2 1/2 to 3-pound broiling chickens, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- lemon sauce
Lemon sauce ingredients:
- 2 cups fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt & pepper as needed
- Lemon sauce: Whisk together juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano, and salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use. Shake or whisk before using.
- Preheat broiler at least 15 min. to reach maximum heat.
- Broil chicken halves for 30 min., turning once, until skin is golden brown and juices run clear when doing a fork test.
- Remove chicken from broiler, but keep the broiler on. Take a very sharp knife and cut each half into about 6 pieces (leg, thigh, wing, 3 small breast pieces).
- Place chicken on a baking sheet that has sides and will fit in your broiler. Pour lemon sauce over the chicken and toss it to get a good coating. Divide sauce in half and do it in two batches if necessary.
- Broil again for 3 minutes. Then, turn each piece and broil for another minute.
- Remove from broiler and portion each chicken into 6 warm serving plates.
- Pour sauce into a heavy saucepan. Stir in parsley and put heat on high for 1 minute. Pour an equal amount of sauce over each piece of chicken and serve with some nice, crusty bread for the extra sauce!
Make sure to add your favorite side dishes to make your plate as colorful as possible. This chicken partnered with my green beans: mouth watering!
There is nothing like sitting down with family for a good meal during times of hardship. If you make this recipe, take some pics and show me by tagging me on Instagram @mrsjillzarin!
Check the top of the page to follow my socials and let me know what else you'd like to see from me! I love nothing more than to interact with you all :-) Another blog post coming very soon!