Jill's Perfect Hard Boiled Eggs
Cook Time: 20 mins
Yield: 6 to 12 eggs
- 6 to 12 large eggs, chilled
- Teaspoon Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- Fill a saucepan about 1/4 of the way with cold water.
- Place the eggs in a single layer at the bottom of the saucepan.
- Add more water so that the eggs are covered by at least 1 or 2 inches of water.
- More eggs in the pan require more water over the eggs. 6 eggs should be covered by at least 1 inch, 7 to 12 eggs, 2 inches.
- Leave the pan uncovered and turn the heat to high.
- Bring the water to a rolling boil.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vinegar to prevent running and 1/2 teaspoon of salt to prevent cracking.
- Turn off the heat, cover, and let sit.
- The eggs should be done perfectly after sitting for 10-12 minutes.
- Strain and run under cold water until the eggs are cold to the touch. This will stop the eggs from overcooking.
- Either peel eggs and eat within 1 or 2 days or leave unpeeled and eat within 5 days.
PHOTO COURTESY OF LEXI'S CLEAN KITCHEN