I knew today I wanted to share a dessert recipe for my fellow sweet-toothed people, and my daughter Ally's walnut chocolate chip cookies never disappoint!
Here's what you need (8 servings):
- 1 cup cold butter cut in cubes
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour (can sub for all purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp cornstarch
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups roughly chopped walnuts
How to bake them:
- Preheat oven to 410 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the butter, brown sugar, and sugar for 4 minutes or until creamy.
- Add eggs, mixing after each one.
- Stir in flours, cornstarch, baking soda and salt. Mix until it is just combined; do not over-mix.
- Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Separate dough into large balls and place on lightly colored cookie sheet. They get bigger than you think! 4 dough balls fit on 1 large cookie sheet, so you will need 2. This recipe makes 8 XL cookies!
- Bake for 9-12 min. or until golden brown on the top. Let them cool for 10 min. and enjoy!
I'm telling you, these are some of the best cookies I've ever had. If you remake these, tag me and my daughter @mrsjillzarin @allyshapiro on Insta! Scroll up for links to our socials. Hope you're having a fabulous day, and tune back in tomorrow for another recipe!
Ally's Instagram: @allyshapiro
My Instagram: @mrsjillzarin